PAR has gathered resources to help you and your office with flooding issues from the Great Flood of 2011.
• Anyone with flood insurance should first contact their insurance agent or the National Flood Insurance Program. They can also call (800) 427-4661.
• U.S. Small Business Administration for help with business damage
• PAHousingSearch.com links displaced homeowners or renters with landlords who have available properties. Those without Internet service can dial 877-428-8844 or TTY771 for the hearing-impaired. Landlords across the Commonwealth are being encouraged to list more of their properties on PAHousingSearch.com so that they are searchable by people displaced by the recent flooding. Additionally, mobile home communities that have homes or lot spaces available are asked to please call 1-877-428-8844 (toll-free) to provide that information to disaster-response representatives.
• Those in the counties designated for federal assistance to affected residents and business owners can begin the disaster application process by registering online through the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) at disasterassistance.gov or by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362). FEMA has added a mobile contact for web-enabled mobile devices: m.fema.gov.
• Volunteers can also sign up to help at Pennsylvania’s ReadyPA website, where they will also find invaluable information on emergency plans and preparation.
• Those who want to help can make a donation to support American Red Cross Disaster Relief. This gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for and provide shelter, food, emotional support and other assistance in response to disasters. Visit RedCross.org or call 1-800-RED-CROSS; you can also text the word “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Contributions may also be sent to local American Red Cross chapters or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.
• Go to the Salvation Army’s website or call 800-SAL-ARMY
• Central PA Food Bank: Anyone who needs food can enter their zip code and it will tell them the nearest location where they can receive food.
Harrisburg office: (717) 564-1700
Williamsport office: (570) 321-8023
• Registered mold remediators (PDF)